PzIV Hs base coated

Including WIPs
7dot62mm
Supporting Member

Group Builds

Re: 15cm sFH Lorraines, 21st PD finished

Post by 7dot62mm »

Awesome-looking unit forming there! thmbs2) thmbs2)

Bluewillow
Site Admin

Group Builds

Post by Bluewillow »

Dan,

Finally got to the overlord museum for some photos of the horse harness for the German small ammunition cart

https://kampfgruppewillow.blogspot.com ... ness.html

Hope that helps

Cheers
Matt
“Wargaming history in 20mm from ww2 to Cold War”
https://kampfgruppewillow.blogspot.com
Gunner Dunbar

Post by Gunner Dunbar »

Bluewillow wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:27 am Dan,

Finally got to the overlord museum for some photos of the horse harness for the German small ammunition cart

https://kampfgruppewillow.blogspot.com ... ness.html

Hope that helps

Cheers
Matt
Thanks mare, I’ve saved the pics for when I get back to the horse drawn stuff.
Gunner Dunbar

Post by Gunner Dunbar »

Hi guys

I have been quiet for a couple of weeks, as my families latest 1:1 3D print just finished in the form of my first grandchild, a little boy, pretty chuffed.

On the hobby front, a few years ago I printed a Laffly S45t, from an STL released by Jarlang on Thingyverse https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2499980 I appreciate his efforts however the file was designed for 1/100 and wasn’t very detailed at 1/72, I didn’t want to waste the original print, so I detailed it the old fashioned way, pics below, I can’t find any info on what recovery vehicles were used by the 21st, so I decided a French S45t would be cool in the role, however I didn’t want to use the old file, so I detailed it using CAD, I think it turned out pretty nice. Adding some picture showing the original print, the work I did on it, and the new print, of course I’ll need one for my French, so now I’m being distracted with the allure of going back to my French project.

I have also been slowly working on the PzIVs of the 22nd Pz Regt, I’ve almost completed the construction, just need to add the tracks and some crew figures then I’ll start the painting process.
https://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com ... nd-pz.html
John
Supporting Member

Re: WIP Laffly S45t and PzIVHs for 22nd Pz Regt, 21st PzD

Post by John »

First and foremost congratulations on your new little soldier...it's always good to know the name will soldier on.. thmbs2) .

Nice bit of fettling there on the model...and thanks for posting...quality :D
Bluewillow
Site Admin

Group Builds

Post by Bluewillow »

Congratulations on become a grandpa! Me also, but last year.

Great progress on the recovery kit

Cheers
Matt
“Wargaming history in 20mm from ww2 to Cold War”
https://kampfgruppewillow.blogspot.com
Gunner Dunbar

Post by Gunner Dunbar »

Bluewillow wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 9:04 pm Congratulations on become a grandpa! Me also, but last year.

Great progress on the recovery kit

Cheers
Matt
I have been promoted to the grand old rank of poppy.
Gunner Dunbar

Post by Gunner Dunbar »

Hi guys

Western desert Brits and Italian Commission finished, this one took a little while as it was interrupted by the birth of my grandson, All markings are hand painted.
https://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com ... lians.html
Fire at Will
Supporting Member

Group Builds

Re: Western desert Brits and Italians finished

Post by Fire at Will »

Great Output thmbs2) thmbs2) thmbs2)
Iain R

Post by Iain R »

Really nice result!
High on life. And thinners.

Mainly thinners.
Gunner Dunbar

Post by Gunner Dunbar »

Hi guys

9 Pz IVG/Hs for the 22nd Pz Regt, 21st Pz Div ready for paint, there’s 2 x PSC, 2 x Italeri, 1 x Hasegawa, and 4 x Revel, these will all have side skirts, I will be making some French tanks for the 2nd battalion, I’ll start the painting on these this week.
https://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com ... ready.html
panzerfaust200
Site Admin

Re: PzIV Hs for the 22nd Pz Regt, 21st Pz Div ready for paint

Post by panzerfaust200 »

Didn’t the 21st Panzer loose all their French tanks by DDay? ?)
ianrs54

Post by ianrs54 »

The answer is almost certanly, depending on your source
Anything bigger than 6 is too big
Gunner Dunbar

Post by Gunner Dunbar »

panzerfaust200 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 1:03 pm Didn’t the 21st Panzer loose all their French tanks by DDay? ?)
Yes, I believe so, their French tanks were shipped to Hungary I believe, they didn’t receive all their PzIVs by d-day, so the 2nd Battalion was unavailable as it was still being refitted, however, I’m a modeller, not a historian, and doing French tanks for them appeals to the artist in me, the other option I have considered is modelling the 100th Panzer replacement battalion, it was the unit of French tanks knocked out by US paras along a French country road famous in some pics, it is a serious option I’m thinking of.
Gunner Dunbar

Post by Gunner Dunbar »

Hi guys

I broke out the airbrush today to paint the PzIVs for the 22nd Pz Regt, and my Iwata airbrush wouldn’t flow air through it, something wrong with the plunger under the trigger, so I removed it to clean and oil, and being a clumsy git, I dropped it onto my wooden deck, naturally enough it fell between the planks, so I’ll have to order another one, in the mean time I took a trip to my local hobby shop, they had a couple of cheap airbrushes, so cheap they don’t even have an name on them anywhere, but funnily enough it did a pretty decent job for my first time on it.

I installed skirts on the PzIVs I had previously painted, and painted those, they don’t quite match the tanks, but after adding filters and weathering I hope they’ll look better, any colour variations I’ll put down to the skirts being added to the tanks after arriving at the unit.

I painted up a laffly S45t as a recovery vehicle, I’m going to add a berg-panzer III or IV as well, also did an old print of a Citroen traction to see how it would paint up, I have a couple of ACE kits I can replace it with, or even a better 3D print, but didn’t want to waste it, I’ll make up one of the ACE kits and compare them.
https://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com ... coats.html
Image_7vpLuI_bz5HSAFikORQOrxFV7GuJMrSkhLIkvXe5XL0QnPC_FER5NUBeosERhw8a-pEMk4fecoU6h1fwFIpX5jQLzAn56WBqR8_xdZndwYpPBGzRYWf_g67E/s4032/IMG_6993.jpeg[/img]
Fire at Will
Supporting Member

Group Builds

Post by Fire at Will »

Gunner Dunbar wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:44 am Hi guys

I broke out the airbrush today to paint the PzIVs for the 22nd Pz Regt, and my Iwata airbrush wouldn’t flow air through it, something wrong with the plunger under the trigger, so I removed it to clean and oil, and being a clumsy git, I dropped it onto my wooden deck, naturally enough it fell between the planks, so I’ll have to order another one, in the mean time I took a trip to my local hobby shop, they had a couple of cheap airbrushes, so cheap they don’t even have an name on them anywhere, but funnily enough it did a pretty decent job for my first time on it.
I've got just what you need - a magnet on an extending rod, ideal for getting odd steel bits that drop behind cupboards, etc.
Gunner Dunbar

Post by Gunner Dunbar »

Fire at Will wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 12:29 pm
Gunner Dunbar wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:44 am Hi guys

I've got just what you need - a magnet on an extending rod, ideal for getting odd steel bits that drop behind cupboards, etc.
LOL, yeah, but the gap is pretty thin.
panzerfaust200
Site Admin

Post by panzerfaust200 »

Gunner Dunbar wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 8:58 am I’m a modeller, not a historian, and doing French tanks for them appeals to the artist in me, the other option I have considered is modelling the 100th Panzer replacement battalion, it was the unit of French tanks knocked out by US paras along a French country road famous in some pics, it is a serious option I’m thinking of.
Room for both I reckon thmbs2)
It’s not like I don’t have some useless French micro armour in my collection - they just look so much fun!
I did them for some Normandy scenarios against the 101st too 8-)

Return to “Projects, plans, and progess”