PzIV Hs base coated

Including WIPs
Gunner Dunbar

Re: Lafflys for my 21st Pz Div projects

Post by Gunner Dunbar »

serge69 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:28 pm I think Pak 43 are towed by Laffly S35T.
Somua MCGs apparently, I’ve just finished printing a batch.

Alanmccoubrey

Group Builds

Post by Alanmccoubrey »

Gunner Dunbar wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:59 pm
serge69 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:28 pm I think Pak 43 are towed by Laffly S35T.
Somua MCGs apparently, I’ve just finished printing a batch.
I agree with Serge, all of the 88s in 21 PD, whether Flak or pak were towed by the big Laffly according to the lists in Kortenhaus.
Alan
serge69

Post by serge69 »

Somua MCG towed soviet 122mm mod 38 (12.2 SFh 396r) in arty regt 155.
Alanmccoubrey

Group Builds

Post by Alanmccoubrey »

serge69 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:41 am Somua MCG towed soviet 122mm mod 38 (12.2 SFh 396r) in arty regt 155.
And the entire battalion was lost on D-Day !
Alan
Gunner Dunbar

Post by Gunner Dunbar »

Good info, cheers
Gunner Dunbar

Post by Gunner Dunbar »

Hi guys

I needed 3 x Kfz 76s for the Dak project, don’t worry, I didn’t know what a Kfz 76 was either, even though I am a former artilleryman, it was a German truck mounted artillery observation/range finding vehicle, it was mounted on a couple of very similar truck chassis, one of which was the einheitsdiesel, I found the base model file on thingiverse but the file is basically unprintable as is, hollow with very thin walls, so it took a bit of work to make it printable, I then converted the truck into a Kfz 76.
https://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com ... fz-76.html
Alanmccoubrey

Group Builds

Re: Kfz 76s for the Dak project

Post by Alanmccoubrey »

I have seen photographs of one of these Kfz 76 towing a DAK 105.
Alan
Gunner Dunbar

Post by Gunner Dunbar »

Alanmccoubrey wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:57 am I have seen photographs of one of these Kfz 76 towing a DAK 105.
That would be an interesting pic
Fire at Will
Supporting Member

Group Builds

Post by Fire at Will »

Hmm, looked at that einheitsdiesel, but it looked so thin and flimsy I didn't even try printing it. How much work does it take to fix?
Gunner Dunbar

Post by Gunner Dunbar »

Fire at Will wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:28 pm Hmm, looked at that einheitsdiesel, but it looked so thin and flimsy I didn't even try printing it. How much work does it take to fix?
Yes, it does not print very well, I mean, it’ll print, but you’ll produce an unusable mess,I basically just added solid shapes over everything, there’s probably a really quick technical way to fix these things, but I don’t know it, took a few hours, engine bay/bonnet was the hardest part. I also added some missing detail.
billk
Supporting Member

Post by billk »

oooo, wish those were in 1/87th, very nice.
Fire at Will
Supporting Member

Group Builds

Post by Fire at Will »

billk wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:21 pm oooo, wish those were in 1/87th, very nice.
They can be, it's just a matter of scaling before printing
Gunner Dunbar

Post by Gunner Dunbar »

Fire at Will wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:01 am
billk wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:21 pm oooo, wish those were in 1/87th, very nice.
They can be, it's just a matter of scaling before printing
Yes, rescaling is pretty easy.
Gunner Dunbar

Post by Gunner Dunbar »

Hi guys

I’ve printed up some more vehicles and guns for my 21st Pz Div project, a beautiful Pz III E Bef.Wg, the model is from Counlane models, very impressed with this model, I bought 3 other Pz IIIs as well, a G, J and L, a beobachtungspanzer lorraine, the is a Bergmann file I have refined the detail on, and some K18 guns from TigerAce on thingyverse, I added some detail on the trails to those as well, and I also printed some replacement muzzle brakes for my Pak 43/41
https://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com ... -21st.html
Gunner Dunbar

Post by Gunner Dunbar »

Hi guys

The Pz III E Bef.Wgs undercoated, one for my 21st PD project, the other for the Dak project, I’ll be doing 2 more in the future, 1 in panzer grey, for my 24th PD leaping horseman project, and a winter one, can’t understate how impressed I am with this file, I’ll be breaking out the airbrush tomorrow.
https://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com ... oated.html
Alanmccoubrey

Group Builds

Re: Pz III E Bef.Wg undercoated

Post by Alanmccoubrey »

As with all commercially available BefPz III the turrets are too far back, the lazy manufacturers don't bother making a hull top specifically for the command tank and hope no one will notice. The turret was move forward to just in front of the join of the engine deck so that it didn't have to be removed t access the engine. On a normal gun tank theturret could be traversed to allow this but the fixed turret on the command tank forced the change, typical German over engineering/under thinking.
Alan
Gunner Dunbar

Post by Gunner Dunbar »

Alanmccoubrey wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:53 am As with all commercially available BefPz III the turrets are too far back, the lazy manufacturers don't bother making a hull top specifically for the command tank and hope no one will notice. The turret was move forward to just in front of the join of the engine deck so that it didn't have to be removed t access the engine. On a normal gun tank theturret could be traversed to allow this but the fixed turret on the command tank forced the change, typical German over engineering/under thinking.
Interesting, didn’t know that, obviously the guy who created the file didn’t know this either, I might fix the file before printing any more.
Gunner Dunbar

Post by Gunner Dunbar »

Hi guys

I have been called many things in my life, a good airbrushed is not one of them, I really should be, I have airbrushed a lot of vehicles, but I don’t have a dedicated space for the airbrush, so setting up and packing down is a chore, therefore I only airbrush when I have a large batch, like any skill, you need to do it regularly to be good at it, so my quality suffers, anyway, I managed to get this batch of my 21st PD vehicles (about half of what I have) done, the vehicles without camo will have their camo hand painted as they will have hard edge schemes, and I couldn’t be bothered with masking, also those vehicles are the ones I have reference pictures of, the vehicles/guns with camo applied I have no specific 21st PD reference pics for, so just gave them appropriate camo schemes. From here, after adding the hard edged camo I’ll paint some details and give them all pin washes.
https://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com ... icles.html
Gunner Dunbar

Re: Airbrushing the 21st PD

Post by Gunner Dunbar »

Hi guys

Working on the camo jobs of the Lorraine based vehicles for the 21st PD, these will all have crew added eventually. All are 3D prints except the gun less version, it is the RPM kit.
https://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com ... s-wip.html
Gunner Dunbar

Re: WIP Lorraine based vehicles for the 21st PD

Post by Gunner Dunbar »

Hi guys

This weeks work on the 21stPD project, all camo done, wheels and tracks block painted, next I will do some chipping, filters, then markings, then pin washes.
https://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com ... gress.html

Return to “Projects, plans, and progess”