Bovington 13 Jul 19

What’s going on when.....
Nickdives

Bovington 13 Jul 19

Post by Nickdives »

I see on TMP that there will be a one day show at Bovington.

sandsmodels

Group Builds

Re: Bovington 13 Jul 19

Post by sandsmodels »

yes i saw that how odd!
mausmann
Site Admin

Group Builds

Post by mausmann »

Anyone going? If I’m home then I’ll be there... thmbs2)
Greatness is not in where we stand,
but in what direction we are moving,
we must sail sometimes in the wind,
and sometimes against it,
but sail we must, and not drift nor lie at anchor.
Don McHugh

Group Builds

Post by Don McHugh »

A couple of us are putting on a desert game.

Don
Nickdives

Post by Nickdives »

Waiting to see if I am about, probably put on a bit of TYW action.
notbing2

Post by notbing2 »

A couple of us from the escape committee are going as punters bit short notice for us to put anything on but if the show is a success (and we hope it is) and is happening next year then we will be up for putting a game on if poss. Whatever else it's at the tank museum and Don and the gang always put on something worth seeing so it won't be a wasted day whatever
Stewart
Fire at Will
Supporting Member

Group Builds

Post by Fire at Will »

I'll be dog-sitting that weekend in Chippenham, but hopefully I can escape duties for that day thmbs2)
Don McHugh

Group Builds

Post by Don McHugh »

notbing2 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 8:55 am A couple of us from the escape committee are going as punters bit short notice for us to put anything on but if the show is a success (and we hope it is) and is happening next year then we will be up for putting a game on if poss. Whatever else it's at the tank museum and Don and the gang always put on something worth seeing so it won't be a wasted day whatever
Stewart
Thank you for the kind comments.

Don
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

mausmann wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:51 pm Anyone going? If I’m home then I’ll be there... thmbs2)
Hope you can make it, the Old Pikeys will be there :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
notbing2

Post by notbing2 »

Well just back from bovington and much impressed i was yes much smaller than previous years as regards trade and games but the quality of the games was good I mean not necessarily in the terms of terrain etc but in the willingness of players to talk and explain what was going on maybe a by - product of a smaller show. My favorite games were 20mm invasion of Elba free French and the real guns of naverone lot's to see on this one. Don McHugh and gangs north African game airfix squeeze guns and all And the guys running a 15mm battle group game who left the rules at home but nevertheless took time out to explain the ins and outs of the rules and what should have been happening thank you. Plenty of outher nice games including one with dinosaurs.... Althou as i say less trader's I still managed to spend the same as last year. Seemed just as many people as previous years but that's just my impression. Sorry my skills aren't up to pic's but maybe someone else's are. On balance well worth the time and hopefully this will run again next year.
Stewart.
Zacman

Post by Zacman »

Good to hear Stewart glad it took of, let’s hope for continue success for all involved. Well done to everybody who put a game on, especially the RF games :D .
Mike
Don McHugh

Group Builds

Post by Don McHugh »

I have to say the change in atmosphere at the show was so good it took me a little by surprise. Everyone was very friendly and the museum staff could not do enough to help. Even the visitors to our demo game, whether member of the public, wargamer or army personnel wanted to know more and stood and chatted for a while.

Bearing in mind how little time the new organisers had to put this all together it was a very good start.

We will be returning next year with a bigger game.

All the proceeds are going to charity.

Don
Piers
Supporting Member

Post by Piers »

Great news, glad it went well.

Would have loved to have put a game on but outside my price range this year.
Zacman

Post by Zacman »

Don McHugh wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:20 am I have to say the change in atmosphere at the show was so good it took me a little by surprise. Everyone was very friendly and the museum staff could not do enough to help. Even the visitors to our demo game, whether member of the public, wargamer or army personnel wanted to know more and stood and chatted for a while.

Bearing in mind how little time the new organisers had to put this all together it was a very good start.

We will be returning next year with a bigger game.

All the proceeds are going to charity.

Don
Well said Don, glad it was good for you all.
Mike
mausmann
Site Admin

Group Builds

Post by mausmann »

Missed it this year, hope to make the next one. Great to hear it went well..... thmbs2)
Greatness is not in where we stand,
but in what direction we are moving,
we must sail sometimes in the wind,
and sometimes against it,
but sail we must, and not drift nor lie at anchor.
Nickdives

Post by Nickdives »

Glad it went well, managed to paint some 28mm Italian Pikemen in my Stavanger hotel room!!

Return to “Events Calendar”