Four 1/72 Ace kits over £90 in bids

The place to knit and natter..
nickoftime45

Four 1/72 Ace kits over £90 in bids

Post by nickoftime45 »

I actually don't mind Ace kits especially the later ones, some of the earlier ones, well they are a challenge cough cough splutter....., but they do some interesting subjects. However, to see these four Sagaie / Lynx AC, plus a superfluous Leclerc, achieving over £90 so far, I find a bit of a surprise, admittedly there are so few options, still, personally I would explore the resin market first rather than pay these prices for slow builds. Though I appreciate the model makers out there who might want them.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-1-72-frenc ... Swadda7MA0

I think he sold three more plus an Irish Arm' Car M3 for £87 last week. This chap has sold quite a few lots and has done well, fair play to him. Check your lofts chaps :D

Sultanbev

Re: Four 1/72 Ace kits over £90 in bids

Post by Sultanbev »

Should come with free paracetomol and a hammer.....

Old ACE kits --> !)

Mark
mausmann
Site Admin

Group Builds

Post by mausmann »

They do some hard to get subjects........I did pay well over the normal for a Pak 43 once, but in 1/72 they are the only ones.... ;)

For sure they can be a challenge to build..... :?
Greatness is not in where we stand,
but in what direction we are moving,
we must sail sometimes in the wind,
and sometimes against it,
but sail we must, and not drift nor lie at anchor.
laurence strong

Group Builds

Post by laurence strong »

Yeah, they are a challenge.....but the end result is always worth it....in my book anyways......

Cheers
Larry
sandsmodels

Group Builds

Post by sandsmodels »

looks like i better get our erc 90 sagie a/car remoulded soon then :lol: :lol:
nickoftime45

Post by nickoftime45 »

sandsmodels wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 8:26 am looks like i better get our erc 90 sagie a/car remoulded soon then :lol: :lol:

I have got a lovely ADV (?) French resin kit, which was cheaper than what these have gone for. Quite extensive service so certainly worth having in your range, (maybe a few variants?). Air transportable as well, hence why its been in service since 1980-82 with the French and a few years earlier as an export model.

I do wonder who pays this much, not a criticism, as if you want it why not? But if its a modeller, they generally only want one or two and if its a gamer, I would be nagging Shaun for it :lol:
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

Very late reply, but I have a number of Ace French AT Guns. They were miserable to put together but as per Mark and Larry, they were all I could find in 1/72.
Tim (Blame Canada)

Return to “General Discussion”