yet more Market Garden!

Win or lose, post your AARs here....
Fire at Will
Supporting Member

Group Builds

yet more Market Garden!

Post by Fire at Will »

A group from Deeside Defenders got together today to have a run through for next weekends Battlegroup Market Garden weekend. Here's a few pictures of the action.

Quite pleased with Hell's Highway, Canals and bridges. The unfinished bends will improve it.

mausmann
Site Admin

Group Builds

Re: yet more Market Garden!

Post by mausmann »

Good looking game, looking forward to the AAR.... thmbs2)
Greatness is not in where we stand,
but in what direction we are moving,
we must sail sometimes in the wind,
and sometimes against it,
but sail we must, and not drift nor lie at anchor.
sediment

Group Builds

Post by sediment »

These are some more photos of the game I took.

Apart from the views of the tables before the battle, all of my shots are of the scrap between Will's US paratroopers and my 9th SS Battlegroup.

The empty battlefield during the recce screen part of the battle.

Will's air support, an MG armed Mustang, with my air support at low level behind, the much more potent FW190.

There are pics of this game and of a similar game from last weeks club night on my blog https://sedimentswargameblog.blogspot.c ... s-and.html with a write up of sorts - unfortunately, I didn't make extensive notes and it was quite a scrappy affair. All I can say is that on this occasion, the ground pounders were very grateful for some close air support, which turned the game around for me. Iron Crosses all round for the Luftwaffe and purple hearts for the paratroopers!

Cheers, Andy
Admiral Hawke

Post by Admiral Hawke »

An impressive table. Great looking canals and bridges, and the ditch-lined roads are brilliant. A long, thin table works for Market Garden, emphasizing the precarious Allied route.

Thank you for posting. :-)
“We hope to see a Europe where men of every country will think of being a European as of belonging to their native land, and...wherever they go in this wide domain...will truly feel, ‘Here I am at home'.” Winston S. Churchill, 1948.
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

Love the table size! May I ask if the 250/9 is a new creation? If so, that’s definitely the reason it blows up all the time.
Tim (Blame Canada)

Return to “Game reports”