Museo Histórico Militar Valencia Spain

Museums, battlefields and other places of interest
TacticalPainter

Museo Histórico Militar Valencia Spain

Post by TacticalPainter »

Spanish military history (Napoleonic wars onwards) in an old barracks in Valencia. Not a huge collection but lots of interesting things to see including some great dioramas. More at my blog if you're interested https://thetacticalpainter.blogspot.com ... encia.html

The Tactical Painter
Painting small figures for tactical games on the tabletop
Gaz045

Re: Museo Histórico Militar Valencia Spain

Post by Gaz045 »

Excellent photos, thanks for posting.
If you ever get to Cartagena, Murcia, there is an excellent museum in the town. The Artillery Museum, chock full of artillery,small arms and militaria.

The Spanish Army used a lot of the SCW/WW11 era gear for training for decades, hence the great condition of some of the exhibits.
Bob_Mackenzie

Group Builds

Post by Bob_Mackenzie »

Thanks for sharing - looks well worth a visit!
dead1

Post by dead1 »

Very cool. Love the dioramas! There's definitely wargaming inspiration there.

I am jealous of you European types with all your cheap and quick access to so much history. I live in the arse end of the world (Tasmania) so history stuff is limited to the still interesting but not world changing or truly old colonial and convict eras.
TacticalPainter

Post by TacticalPainter »

dead1 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:12 pm I am jealous of you European types with all your cheap and quick access to so much history.
LOL, I live in Sydney, although I am English. I’m just lucky enough that my work takes me to different places and I always make an attempt to track down any museums.
The Tactical Painter
Painting small figures for tactical games on the tabletop
dead1

Post by dead1 »

TacticalPainter wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:43 am
LOL, I live in Sydney, although I am English. I’m just lucky enough that my work takes me to different places and I always make an attempt to track down any museums.
Whoops! :lol: Having a job that jetsets around the world would be great.

But petty government bureaucrats like yours truly are seldom allowed out of the office so no work travel for moi. And alas too poor to get much beyond Melbourne once a year (and of late 0 times a year) or even enough toy soldiers to "sustain" me.

Return to “Sights and Sites”