Forum stuff - Twitter, images and stats

The place to knit and natter..
chairborne
Site Admin

Group Builds

Forum stuff - Twitter, images and stats

Post by chairborne »

Hi folks,

As part of an effort to widen awareness of the forum, we've taken a tentative first step into the murky world of wargaming Twitter (it seems to work for Rich Clarke). This can be found here:

https://twitter.com/Wargamersforum

I don't know if any of you currently indulge, but if you do it would be helpful if you could follow/have any tips etc. This may or may not prove effective (all new to me), but it seems like a worthwhile thing to try. Other than being interested in general views/advice on this effort I have a specific question/favour to ask:

The main thing we will use it for is highlighting AAR posts (in the same way others have done on different forums). As part of this I want to be able to use a photograph from AARs to include with the tweet (images apparently are important on Twitter). Can we assume that if you have posted an image to the open section of the forum that you won't have an objection to its being used this way? If anyone does have an objection to their images being used in this way, please shout.

Also, I thought it might be useful to summarise some stats since the forum began on 5 February of this year we have had:
  • 6937 posts (46.48 per day)
  • 827 topics (5.54 new per day)
  • 305 users (2.04 new users per day - note these are actual users, not the half-dozen spam bots we seem to get daily)
That doesn't seem too bad for the first five months, but it would be good to keep new faces joining (hence the above).

Grateful for any thoughts/reactions.

Greg

mausmann
Site Admin

Group Builds

Re: Forum stuff - Twitter, images and stats

Post by mausmann »

I think that any extra exposure can only be a good thing.
We all love looking at other’s models, games, terrain etc and the more guys posting surely the better it will be imho.

Thanx for your idea and efforts, and for my part use all the pics u want, no problem.... thmbs2)
Greatness is not in where we stand,
but in what direction we are moving,
we must sail sometimes in the wind,
and sometimes against it,
but sail we must, and not drift nor lie at anchor.
6milPhil

Post by 6milPhil »

I saw a retweet, came and joined.

Whether this is a good or bad thing we'll all have to wait and see I guess... :lol:
chairborne
Site Admin

Group Builds

Post by chairborne »

Welcome aboard. The fact it’s got you here makes this morning’s efforts entirely worthwhile. Hopefully a few more will follow.
6milPhil

Post by 6milPhil »

Thanks, I'm @slugindustries on Twitter. I'm still not sure the whole twiiter thing is of much use tbh, I've sat on my trading name there for a while and had a bit of a go posting recently but doesn't do much for me ... !)

Return to “General Discussion”